Specialty/Especialidad: Pediatrics and Infectious Diseases
Higher Education and Specialty/ Educación superior y especialidad:
- Medical Degree, University of Panama School of Medicine
- Postdoctoral specialization in Pediatrics (Panama)
- Infectious Diseases (University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, USA)
Work Experience/Experiencia laboral:
- Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of the Infectious Disease Department, and Director of Clinical Research at the Hospital del Niño
- International consultant of several scientific journals, including The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal and the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- Distinguished Investigator of the National Research System (Senacyt), member of the National Ethics Committee on Clinical Research in Panama City, Panama
- He has published 191 articles in foreign and local scientific journals, editor of 8 medical books, 3 philosophical books and more than 900 newspaper columns on social and political matters.
Professor Sáez Llorens is member of many academic associations in pediatrics, infectious disease and clinical research within Panama, Latin America, the USA and Spain.